Wednesday, November 30, 2005

In the Holiday Spirit

When under stress, or have the need to be creative...I create. In the past I've taken cake decorating, flower arrangement, and even oil painting classes!

Thankfully, I am not under stress at the moment, but I've had the urge to be creative. So I've "created" a few (3) silk flower arrangements (wreaths) as center pieces. One is for my mom, another for Socorro A., and one for our household.

Unfortunately, due to my lack of computer skills, I can't for the "life of me" place a picture of the flower arrangements... I'll continue to try, though.

Desde muy chica, siempre me ha gustado todo lo que sea "arte"...
Y siempre me ha gustado "crear" cosas con mis manos- ya sea decoración de pasteles, arreglos florales, fotografiar, dibujar o pintar.


Cuando mi papá estuvo muy grave en el hospital me sentí con la necesidad de pintar! Jamás en mi vida habia pintado, y menos al oleo!! Tomé unos cuantas lecciones semi-privadas, y cada cuadro que pintaba, regalaba. Mi mamá tiene 3 de mis cuadros, y yo también tengo 3.

He hecho el intento de colocar fotos de mis arreglos florales y mis pinturas, pero lamentablemente no sé cómo...seguire haciendo el intento.

11 comments:

Mariposatomica said...

creating is bliss! I agree it does relieve stress. Let us know when you bake a cake. Cracked Chancla, Analisa and Dr. Vodka and I LOVE pasteles.

Karen said...

I wish I could be more creative right now. LOL

I imagine the flowers are beautiful.

*hugs*

Curious Servant said...

There is a prayer request on mmy blog. If you have a moment, it would mean a lot.

God bless

Kitty Cheng said...

I like creating too, but more so, i enjoy other people's creations. nice to 'meet' you, i came across from curious servant's site. Thought i'd just drop by and say hello.

Ashley said...

I am having a holiday get-together in a few weeks, and I am struggling to come up with simple, tasteful, but inexpensive decorations. Everyone gives me advice that would require a lot more craftiness than I can muster during the holidays. I just ain't no Martha Stewart!! ;)

Anonymous said...

ya vi las fotos de tu perrita!! ;)

El arte es una forma de desahogar todas esas cosas que tenemos dentro... yo en mi casa creo cuentos, novelas... algunas me da verguenza ponerlas :$

Un beso inmenso, buen fin de semana para ti también.

P.D: Siempre me pones mal tu dirección web :$ no quieres q venga a visitarte? :(

Coco said...

mariposa,
it's been a L O N G time since the last time I baked a cake, but the next time i do, i'll let you know : )
un fuerte y caluroso abrazo.

chocoadicta,
cada cuadro que pintaba lo regalaba, pues eran tantos que ya no sabía donde ponerlos. asi que los regale a mis familiares, enfermeras al cuidado de mi papá. la cosa es que desde que falleció mi papá ya no he sentido la necesidad de pintar- no lo siento, no me sale...
bendiciones.

karen,
thank you! as far as being "creative"- i don't always "feel" it...
*hugs*

curious servant,
i am so glad you stopped by... i hope Bob is doing better.
blessings.

kitty,
so nice to meet you! : )
i went over to your blog...great work!
blessings.

ashley,
in my opinion, "less" is always best... keep it simple! : )
i'm sure it will all look beautiful.
take care!

renovada,
qué?! claro que agradezco tus visitas : ) pase a tu "blog" y te deje mi información.
bendiciones.

Curious Servant said...

The doctors say that only a miracle can save Bob. He is in critical but stable condition. I am going tonight to a prayer vigil beside his bed at the hospital.

If you read this before 4:00 a.m. pray that I stay awake. If you read this after. please pick up the prayer that I have left off.

Thank you for your prayers. More info on my blog.

Anonymous said...

paso a dejarte un saludo!
y un abrazo
mi correo es buffy_dol@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

i've been wanting to bake. i would love to see your centerpieces--post them when you figure out how to upload pics again.

Lu Soto said...

I can not be creative, only during emergencies.

I recently got married and i found myself with too much time in my hands, a hard working husband and nothing to do. I started to get depressed about it, until one day i started to bake cookies. I'm not really good at it, but it's better than sitting in front of the TV all day.