Monday, February 12, 2007

Update

I will quickly update you on what has been happening around here...

1. We now have a NEW e-mail system at work! Yipee!!
It's with GroupWise. Was it a "wise" choice? Don't know yet, still trying to figure out how to work it.

2. My mom received 2 pints of blood, but is still slightly anemic.

3. Relatives from L.A. came up to see my mom...
Their sole purpose was to spend time with my mom. I have no words to express what this means to me. I am very grateful, and appreciative of their thoughtfullness, kindness and love. How can I ever reciprocate this gesture?

4. Infection...
My mom has an infection at her "perma-cath" (temporary) site. This is not good. This is the site that they use for Dialysis. Hopefully, the antibiotics will rid the infection. Her permament site ("fistula" on left wrist) for Dialysis isn't quite ready- but if it needs to be used, they can. The surgeon wants to go into the permament site and make it "wider" before accessing it.

5. Oncologist asked my mom if she still wanted to continue with the chemo...
My mom's response was, "Yes"! Apparently, the medicine that the doctor is using with my mom is supposed to be given only for 5 months at a time. My mom has now been receiving this medicine for 7 months, and it is still keeping the cancer from quickly spreading to other parts of her body.

6. Movies...
I finally saw Volver (by Almodovar) and Pan's Laberyinth. They are both excellent movies : )

7. My birthday...
If my mom's health continues to be stable, I would like throw a big bash on my "day" : )

8. Report Cards...
Yes, it's that time again. Time for "assessments" : (

5 comments:

Msabcmom said...

I will send good thoughts your way for your mom and for the rest of your family.

*HUGS!*

Yummerson said...

I had groupwise at the job before this one. I liked it.

I hope things get better with your mom.

Siempre los tengo en mis pensamientos.

Abhishek Upadhyay said...

Hope your mom gets well soon.

Dont be too hard on kids while assessment :)

TigerYogi said...

Thanks for the update! :)

Pam said...

I am sorry to know that your mom is ill... I hope she is feeling better and comfortable.

And I hope you have or had a happy birthday!