Thursday, August 16, 2007

Mom...Update

I took my mom to her Primary Care Physician (Oncologist is on vacation) because she is not doing well. The doctor stated that the Cancer is too far advanced (you can actually palpate the mass in her tummy, and at times "see" the bulge!)...that there is nothing to do at this stage. His advice is to keep my mom "comfortable", and to let her eat whatever she wants. He also said that he didn't think she would make it past a month.

My mom does NOT know all the details...she knows that she has cancer, and that it is far advanced. She also knows that the discomfort she is feeling is due to the "liver". That's it!!

My mother wants to continue "fighting" this cancer! She asked me if the doctor had prescribed "anything" for her liver...he didn't.

As I told my sister and brother...Dr. S. (primary care physician) is NOT the Oncologist, this is NOT his "specialty", we didn't even go over her test results!

(My brother asked me if I had called our "family" to let them know what is happening with our mother. And no I haven't any of the relatives because I don't have all the facts...I want to talk to the Oncologist first, and then inform them of the "new" findings.)

On Monday, I will take my mom to the Oncologist, go over the results and talk to him at length. If he also says that there is nothing else we can do, I will then request a "happy" placebo pill for my mom. Her "hope" in a bottle...

Ultimately, no matter what the doctor's prognosis is, God has the last word. My mom has already beaten the "odds" by living beyond the "expected" 4 months (with chemo) that she was given last year in May!

I would like to close this post with my mom's word of choice... "Hallelujah"!

*Thank you for your kind words, love, prayers, and support. God's love is present and felt!

10 comments:

TigerYogi said...

Be strong Hon!

You'll all continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...

Yummerson said...

Un abrazo fuertisimo para ti, tu mami y tu familia.

Unknown said...

hugs and strength. i'm sending good vibes your way.

J.S. Zolliker said...

Rezaré por tí, para que tengan paz. Y como dices, sin importar lo que diga el Oncólogo, la última palabra la tiene él.

Keshi said...

Take it easy Coco...we r here only for the time we hv been given. So, I know its hard, but whatever it is, be content. HUGGGGGGGGGGZ!

I'll pray for ur mum...
Keshi.

Suvii said...

Please know that you, your mom and your family are in my prayers. A big hug to all of you.

BEGT said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, friend. I hope your mom is happy and faithful right now.

i'll be praying for you and your mom.

lots of love ♥

BG

Karla said...

I am sorry to hear that. A big hug to you and your family.

J.S. Zolliker said...

How's everything going on... I'm kind of worried that you havent posted anything yet. My best wishes and prayers.

Msabcmom said...

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way...